Instagram/Facebook Niki and tell me which answer you would like and keep checking back for more updates. Good luck!
I have keys but no doors, I have space but no rooms, I allow you to enter but you are never able to leave. What am I?
You cannot see me, nor can I be touched, you cannot feel me, but I can cook your lunch!
After booming and zapping is when I emerge, to bring you bright dazzling beauty when I diverge. Some say that I hide enormous wealth, but those riches have always proven stealth. What am I?
I have wings, I am able to fly, I‘m not a bird yet I soar high in the sky. What am I?
If four people can repair four bicycles in four hours, how many bicycles can eight people repair in eight hours?
I am a fruit, I am a bird and I am also a person. What am I?
What is always late and never present now?
What is often on the ground getting stepped on by others, but you don’t have to wash it because it never get dirty, in fact you couldn’t wash it even if you tried?
If a car key would open a car, and a house key would open a house, then what would open a banana?
What has feet on the inside but not on the outside?
How to Make
- Remove the label from an old tin. Wash clean with washing up liquid and warm water and wipe dry with a kitchen towel or tissue.
- Choose any colour(s) of your choice of deco acrylic paint and decorate the tin to create the body of the monster. You can paint the whole tin a solid colour or you can decorate with spots or patterns. Leave to dry.
- Stick a coloured wiggle eye onto a sheet of white foam. Draw a circle around the wiggle eye slightly bigger than the size of the wiggle eye. Cut the circle out to make a big monster eye. If you want your monster can planter to have more than one eye repeat this step until you have the desired amount of eyes.
- Attach the eye(s) to the tin using a glue gun or craft glue dots.
- Cut out two small rectangles from coloured foam to create antennae. Stick two glitter pom poms on top of the rectangles using glue dots.
- Attach the antennae to the top of the can using glue dots. You could also make some ears or spiky hair out of coloured foam too.
- Have a look through the selection of mouth stickers provided. Choose a funny mouth that will stand out well on your monster can and stick onto the tin.
- Place a small plant into the tin.
Bottle Scavenger Hunt
Follow this link to a safe website with full instructions on how to make your very own Scavenger hunt. Why not challenge the family with a timed challenge and see who can find the most items.
So hey, now that you know how many ants you would need to carry your body weight, can you figure out how long it would take them to get you to The Eiffel Tower?
Here is some information to help you:
- -A typical ant travels at 300 metres per second.
- -The Eiffel Towers post code is, Paris 75001-75116
The Ant Challenge
Ants are amazing and can carry 10 – 50 times their body weight! they can also weigh on average, between 1 and 5 milligrams.
Lets say this little fellow above can carry 30 times his body weight and he weighs 3 milligrams.
Your challenge is to figure out how many ants it would take to carry you? if you want to send us your findings we can begin to publish the information on the website.
Have a go at these scavenger hunts to pass some time. See if you can gather everything on the list and let us know how you got on.